1) Before soaking, remove as much dirt and loose debris as possible from the item to be treated. Remove oils and greases with a detergent or degreaser before using this product to improve the rust removal effectiveness.
2) Pour the rust remover soak into a container so that the object being treated is completely submerged. This product is ready-to-use and requires no dilution.
3) Leave the item in the solution for at least 30 minutes to remove light rust, overnight (8 hours) for medium rust, and up to 24 hours for heavily rusted items.
4) Remove the item from the solution and rinse with water and dry completely. If rust remains in the metal "pits," soak again and rinse to remove.
To prevent flash rust, spray the surface with WD-40 multi-use product. For long-lasting rust protection, spray with WD-40 specialist long-term corrosion inhibitor.
WD-40 Specialist rust remover soak can be re-used. The more you de-rust, the darker the solution becomes. The solution is spent when it turns black and no longer performs. Do not pour the used solution back into fresh product in the original container.
Disposal: this water-based formula is extremely safe, non-toxic, VOC-free, and all ingredients are biodegradable. When used, the rust bonds to the solution and the iron becomes part of the used solution. Check with your local water treatment facility and dispose of according to local, state, and federal guidelines.
Use at room temperature or higher for maximum effectiveness.
Solution works best above 68 degrees F. The speed and effectiveness is significantly reduced below 60 degrees F.
WD-40® Specialist™ Rust Remover Soak.
Safely removes tough rust from metal parts and tools.
All ingredients are biodegradable.
Targets the rust, safe for surrounding areas.
Non-toxic and acid-free.
You have a job to do. WD-40 specialist line helps you get it done!
Safely and effectively removes rust without acids or caustic chemicals. This formula is non-toxic, contains no VOCs, and works without harming surrounding surfaces like rubber, plastic, and paint. 100% of the ingredients are biodegradable. Restores even intricate, hard to reach surfaces to clean, bare metal that is ready to paint. Brightens copper, brass, and similar alloys.
Ideal for use on: auto restoration, tractors, antiques, farm equipment & implements, trailers & hitches, and rusty tools.
WD-40 safety hotline 1-888-324-7596.
WD-40® Specialist™ Rust Remover Soak. It safely and effectively removes rust without acids or caustic chemicals. This formula is non-toxic, contains no VOCs, and works without harming surrounding surfaces like rubber, plastic, and paint. 100% of the ingredients are biodegradable.
* Log in via social network or enter an email if you want us to contact you
Subscribe to new reviews
Further instructions are sent to the specified Email
Subscribe to the newsletter
Subscribe to new reviews
We may send you a notification each time a new review appears on this page. In order to subscribe, you must specify your email address and we will send you an email with a link, by clicking on which you can confirm the subscription.