Ball® RealFruit™ classic pectin.
Makes 2 (8 oz) half pints.
Select your jam recipe:
You will need: Traditional jam or reduced sugar jam.
Crushed or finely chopped fruit - 1 1/3 cups - 1 1/3 cups.
Bottled lemon juice, use only with blueberries, peaches and sweet cherries - 3 tsp - 3 tsp.
Granulated sugar - 1 2/3 cups - 1 cup.
Consumer preferred recipe.
Make your jam:
1. Prepare waterbath canner, jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions if preserving. Prepare and measure ingredients for recipe.
2. Combine prepared fruit with lemon juice (if required) in a 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in Ball® RealFruit™ pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
1. Ladle hot jam into hot jars. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
2. Refrigerate jam or serve immediately. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Preserve your jam:
1. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
2. Place filled jars in canner ensuring jars are covered by 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring water to gentle, steady boil.
3. Process jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. Turn off heat, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes.
4. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Clean and store jars according to manufacturer's instructions.
*Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3,000 ft, 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft,15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft, 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.